Welcome to The Frabbish Chronicles

[fr*ab*bish] - fish from the Pisces, rabbit from Chinese astrology smashed together...ME (sort of)

5.06.2008

Macayla Turns 13


Wow, I'm the mom of an official teenager....SCARY!!!! I really don't feel old enough to have a teen. I tried unsuccessfully to convince her to stay 12, but she just laughed at me. This weekend she got to go surfing at a place called FlowRider in Ogden. Technically it was more falling than surfing, but it was a blast to watch. Then she had a sleepover and then cake and ice cream on Saturday. It was a busy weekend. This transition from adolescence to teen has been occurring slowly since the middle of 6th grade. Disney Channel favorites were out and Fall Out Boy, iPods and cell phones were in. She's got the teen 'tude down just fine. One moment she'll be happy and the next she'll be surly and ornery. Hugs are rare and embarrassing, but on occasion, you can still guilt trip her into one or two - as long as there's no one but family allowed to witness. There's such a fine line between what's cool and what's not and the list changes sometimes hourly. It's always fairly easy to get her to smile - but she'll hide it behind her hair or something. I'm pretty good and getting the elusive teen smile to appear though as a by-product of me being such a goof ball. It's fun and nerve-wracking to watch her grow and change. I just hope we make it to her adulthood together in one piece! Love you Macayla!

6 comments:

Sarah E said...

Cute page. That flowrider looks like so much fun. Am I too old to do it? I see so much of my girls in your girls and it's fun to get a glimpse of what's to come.

Melissa said...

You aren't too old to do it. Lots of people of all ages were there having fun. Jordan got pretty good on the surfboard. You can do boogie boards too - you don't fall quite as far on those. Your girls are getting so big. It was fun to see them at Kade's baptism. Allie is so funny, her comments during the songs made me laugh.

Jillo said...

I am dying a little that she is 13!!! I remember when she was born and she was so cute! She had the biggest blue eyes. She is getting so grown up and beautiful! Happy Birtday Macayla

Leuhoo said...

Mel!
If you love Harry Potter, have you tried the Twilight series? If so, then you must already be obsessed if not, then girl! You need to read this! It is SO good!

Leuhoo said...

Really?!?! I am an Edward fan through and through! I love him! Jake bugs me. I feel like he is a bit immature.. but that is just me! I got her new book called The Host. I just started it.. we will have to see..

Glenna Roundy said...

Tell that teen Happy Birthday from me! She is a beautiful girl. That could be one of the problems right?