Welcome to The Frabbish Chronicles

[fr*ab*bish] - fish from the Pisces, rabbit from Chinese astrology smashed together...ME (sort of)

4.25.2008

The Adventures of Danger Kitty

This is my cat. His name is Izzy which is short for Isiadore (sounds like Is*He*A*Door, to which we add a K at the end so he becomes Is*He*A*Dork - to which the answer is always a resounding YES). He started out in our family as a girl (named Isabelle), or so we thought. He knew he was a boy, it just took us humans a bit longer to figure it out. He has other names like psycho minion, little beastie and my favorite - Danger Kitty. He seems to get a special delight from flinging bits of poo from his litter box, running around like a possessed freak for short bursts, spontaneous grooming and alternating between biting and licking the hand that feeds him. He's been dubbed by my brother-in-law Paul as the alpaca kitty because he is uncommonly soft and fluffy. My husband was against the whole getting a cat, but he was shanghaied into it by the women in his life. So on Labor Day of last year I looked up an ad on KSL classifieds and found Izzy. He was so small when we brought him home only 5 weeks old. My girls were thinking he would be this cute little play thing that would just submit to hours and hours of petting and lovingly adore them. They've never had a cat before. We humans are deemed inferior by cats and must grovel for their affection. You never know if the one you picked is completely mental until it lives with you for a bit. So far, Izzy is just slightly mental.

6 comments:

Sarah E said...

Ha Ha! You have danger kitty and we have Roxy the Unlovable Cat. You're right... you don't know what you're getting until they've lived with you for a while. I begged Ryan for years to get me a cat and when he finally did, boy did I choose a winner. She attacks us for no reason, she refuses to come when called, she is too lazy to jump up on top of the dryer to get her food and would rather starve herself.(I had to put it up because ants kept finding it. Gross) I decided I was going to devote some serious time to getting her to be lovable and I've been giving her some extra attention. It's been to no avail. She has finally decided Ryan is the only one she'll come to. Why do cat's always choose the one person who loves them the least? She's now to the point where she will sit on his lap, but she does NOT want him to pet her. Stupid cat!

Jillo said...

Wait, I just typed a whole big comment and it didn't show up! What????? I will wait a mintute to see if it appears and if not I will re-type. Silly computers.

Jillo said...

Okay, it's gone. Hmm.... I was just saying that we had a cat once that I got from one of my kindergarteners. She was also PSHCYO!!! She loved to push open my underware drawer, shove her way in and sleep in my undies. Kinda disturbed.
We have since wised up and got a dog.
Much bettter. (usually)

Melissa said...

Wouldn't you know it, the only one in the house Izzy likes and seeks attention from is Nate, who is the one who professes to despise the thing (secretly though, I think he likes the cat). I just thought it was some kind of male bonding.

Anonymous said...

So sister, you are back to the cat thing? I too have an unusal cat. But I think that he uncommonly smart and maybe gifted in the art of being a cat. I am glad to see there is a way to see what the heck you are up to. You live so far away you see. I have to say it's a pretty good way to check in.
Oh I showed mom my ipod the other day. The day I was showing her how to turn on the vcr. She begged me not to get her one! Guess she won't be starting a blog.

Melissa said...

I think the whole internet thing, let alone a blog would be such a foreign concept to Mom and Dad. Dad still thinks the computer solitare program cheats.