Welcome to The Frabbish Chronicles

[fr*ab*bish] - fish from the Pisces, rabbit from Chinese astrology smashed together...ME (sort of)

7.21.2008

101 Things About Me

I saw this post on a few of my niece's blogs and thought it was so cute. I thought I'd try my hand at it and quickly realized that 101 things about myself is a really long list. Here it is though, hope you enjoy.

101. I'm a bit of a pyro.
100. Once on a 4th of July, I lit the bucket of used fireworks on fire and laughed as I sat on the lawn and watched it burn.
99. I once shot a barbie doll with a 12 gauge shotgun. I laughed then too as only the legs were left.
98. I love power tools.
97. I've never been a real girly-girl.
96. But sometimes I have girly moments, like fake nails from time to time.
95. I'm a total fish, I love water and water related things. (interesting contrast to my pyro side)
94. I'm an inherently lazy person.
93. I think that spell check is one of the best inventions ever.
92. I think my husband looks awesome in his suits.
91. I've learned a lot of lessons the hard way.
90. I've learned a lot about myself from friendships and other relationships.
89. It's taken me a long time to get to where I'm happy with being me,
88. but I'm happy with who I am...most of the time
87. I have to be careful when I pick up a book,
86. I really don't like to put a book down until it's done.
85. It wrecks all sorts of havoc on my laundry and house work and dinner prep when I start a book.
84. I'll even half way shove a book under my keyboard at work to keep reading.
83. Even if the book is not all that interesting.
82. Unless it's Hemingway, I can't get interested at all in his work.
81. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is an extremely boring book and I never finished reading it even though I passed off a book report on it.
80. I can be quite stubborn.
79. I loathe exercise, unless I don't consider it exercise like swimming or scuba diving.
78. My favorite place to dive is Cozumel Mexico.
77. I would move to Cozumel if it were reasonable.
76. I love cereal.
75. When I don't have anyone to cook for but me, I usually eat cereal for dinner.
74. I like baking - cookies, pies, cakes, etc.
73. I don't enjoy routine cooking so much (a.k.a. dinner).
72. Unless it's cooking with my husband who is a great cook.
71. My husband and I love making new dishes up, he has a great sense of what foods/flavors work together.
70. I'm slightly addicted to HGTV.
69. My favorite soda pop is Diet Coke.
68. But I don't like to be addicted to caffeine.
67. I've never colored my hair.
66. I don't think I look my age.
65. I don't thing I act my age either.
64. I don't plan on looking or acting my age for as long as I can get away with it.
63. I sometimes like onions.
62. When I was little, I hated onions and anything with them in it.
61. My favorite type of food is usually Italian or Asian.
60. I love Asian style, clean lines and geometric shapes.
59. The state of the USA worries me.
58. I believe fuel prices are fictitiously high and the stories of low supply are rumors started to raise prices.
57. The first concert I went to was the Eagles.
56. I was about 8 months pregnant with Macayla when I went to the Eagles concert.
55. I took my hunters safety course when I was also 8 months pregnant with Macayla.
54. I flew to Cancun when I was two weeks away from delivering Jordan and Jordan likes to claim that she was almost a Mexican baby.
53. I am color phobic when it comes to walls in my house.
52. That's why most of my house is still painted white.
51. I want to have another baby before I'm 35.
50. I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome that may make having a baby hard.
49. I've always loved animals.
48. I have a tattoo of two lizards around my right ankle.
47. My 4-yr-old neighbor thinks the tattoo is a stamp.
46. I live in a great neighborhood and love my neighbors.
45. I've been married to Nate for two years.
44. I've never been in a fight or an argument with Nate ever.
43. I don't always agree with Nate but we can talk about it and not fight.
42. I love my job and working in general.
41. I like the adult interaction and some time away from home that work provides as well as the income.
40. I have two totally different but equally wonderful daughters.
39. I love being a mom.
38. I love camping, as long as there is an air-mattress.
37. I love to sing.
36. I sing really loud in the car by myself.
35. I almost always have a song stuck in my head.
34. Acting is kinda fun too.
33. I was recently cast as Sister Margaretta in the Sound of Music (Terrace Plaza Playhouse).
32. I used to have a couple of piercings, but took them out when I became active again at church.
31. I love my current calling as a Sunbeams teacher.
30. I learn a lot from the 3 and 4 year olds in my class.
29. I love to check out what thrift stores have.
28. Thrift stores are a great place to find expensive jeans for picky teens.
27. I went to college for a year at Southern Utah University.
26. I didn't finish my degree as I got married and had a kid.
25. I did go to Advanced Technical Center and learned computer programming.
24. I've been a computer programmer since 1999 ish.
23. I like working with computers, it's fun and challenging, sometimes lame.
22. I don't like my hair short.
21. I had my hair cut really short in 2nd grade and I hated it.
20. I was a very awkward kid and teen.
19. It took me a long time to find my inner cool.
18. Although I'm still a geek at times, I've come to accept and embrace it.
17. I play Dungeons and Dragons with my husband and friends once a month.
16. I enjoy watching American Idol.
15. American Idol is one of the only things I record and watch religiously.
14. I love calla lilies, they are so elegant.
13. I love peas fresh from the garden, other varieties - canned or frozen - not loved.
12. One of my favorite movies of all time is The Princess Bride.
11. I also really like the movie Hook.
10. I think my theme song is the Toys R Us jingle - "I don't wanna grow up..."
9. I love my kids equally, but for very different reasons - aside for the obvious one that they are my offspring.
8. I'm inspired by people who are themselves regardless of what other people think.
7. I didn't cry for about 14 years after my brother died.
6. Sleep is my favorite stress reliever.
5. I don't handle confrontation very well.
4. When in a heated argument or confrontation, I get all stressed out and my brain freezes.
3. Nate is the first guy ever to make me feel safe other than my father
2. and I love him for many reasons, but mostly cause he loves me for who I am always.
1. It's taken me a few weeks off and on to compile this list but now its done - whooo hooo.

1 comment:

Jillo said...

I love these list. They are so fun to read because you get to know the person a little bit better every time you read it.

I did know that you were a pyro. Does the love still linger?

And I did know that you were a water lover. I remember freezing my butt off at the lake and wondering how you could still stand to be out there swimming.

Great list.